Geographic Information System analysts work with the database information according to certain criteria, help design databases, support departments that use GIS, and integrate GIS with other technology. GIS technicians make maps and customized GIS applications and manipulate data to serve a variety of purposes. They read and interpret maps, manipulate and understand digital land data, and manage data entered into a GIS database.
Bachelor’s Degree (Advanced Degree preferred) from an accredited University in Geography, Cartography, Planning, Natural Resources, Engineering, or GIS related field.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of three years of experience performing GIS/WebGIS data entry and editing
- Being proficient with Esri ArcGIS 10x with extensions Network Analyst, 3D Analyst and Spatial Analyst, ERDAS imagine, QGIS, GRASS and PCI
- Good knowledge in Python (including numpy and scipy)
- Experience in data management or data analysis
- Must have good attention to detail in order to maintain and enter data in a GIS/WebGIS database
- Extensive knowledge in working with GIS/WebGIS application and other related software
- Understanding of cartographic principles
- Excellent Italian and English (minimum) written and oral communication skills
- Ability to follow direction and work as an individual contributor in a team environment
- Desire to be a self-starter and motivated to complete tasks
- Ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary professionals and individuals at all levels throughout the company